- APPLICABLE REGULATIONS
It paragraph second of the article 22 of the law 34 / 2002, of 11 of July, of services of the society of the information and of trade electronic (in forward, LSSI-CE), sets it next:
1. the service providers may use devices of storage and retrieval of data in the target terminal equipment, provided that they have given their consent once provided them clear and complete information on their use, in particular, about the purposes of the tartamiento of data, pursuant to the provisions of the organic law 15/1999 , of 13 December, of protection of data of a Personal nature.
When is technically possible and effective, the consent of the recipient to accept the treatment of them data may facilitate is through the use of them parameters adequate of the browser or of others applications, whenever that should proceed to its configuration during your installation or update through an action Express for this purpose.
It previous not will prevent the possible storage or access of nature technical to the only end of make the transmission of a communication by a network of communications electronic or, in the measure that is strictly necessary, for the provision of a service of the society of the information expressly requested by the recipient.
According to collects the "Guide on the use of them cookies", posted by the Agency Spanish of protection of Datas (in forward, AEPD) in the year 2013, the LSSI-CE is applicable to any type of file or device that is download in the team terminal of a user with the purpose of store data that may be updated and recovered by the entity responsible of its installation. The cookie is one of those devices of use generalized by what, in forward, will be called generically these dispositiivos as cookies.
Are exempted of the compliance of the obligations established in the article 22.2 of it LSSI-CE them cookies used for any of the following purposes:
- Only allow communication between the user's computer and the network.
- Strictly providing a service explicitly requested by the user.
- TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies enable a website, among other things, store and retrieve information about a user or your computer browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, can be used to recognize the user.
As collects the "Guide on the use of the cookies" of the AEPD, according to the purpose for which is try them data obtained through them cookies, can distinguish between:
- Cookies technical: Are those that allow to the user the navigation through a website, platform or application and the use of them different options or services that in she exist as, for example, control the traffic and the communication of data, identify the session, access to parts of access restricted, remember them elements that integrate an asked, perform the process of buy of an asked make the application for registration or participation in an event, use elements of safety during navigation, store content for broadcast video or sound, or share content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: Are those that allow to the user access to the service with some features of character general predefined depending on a series of criteria in the terminal of the user as for example would be the language, the type of browser through which enter to the service, the configuration regional from where access to the service, etc.
- Cookies of website: Are those that allow to the responsible of them same, the tracking and analysis of the behavior of them users of those websites to which are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used in the measurement of the activity of web sites, application, or platform and for profiling of navigation of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements on the basis of the analysis of data for use by the users of the service.
- Cookies advertising: They are those that allow the management, as efficiently as possible, the advertising spaces that, in your case, the editor has included in a web page, application, or platform from which provides the service requested on the basis of criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Cookies from advertising behavioral: Are those that allow the management, of the form more effective possible, of them spaces advertising that, in his case, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which provides the service requested. These cookies store the user behavior information obtained through observation of their browsing habits, allowing you to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.